What to bring to university for Loughborough student accommodation
Article writen by: Beth
A huge congratulations to anyone coming to Loughborough University this September, we all know it has been a tough year but brighter and incredible memories are waiting ahead for you. The first thing you’ll see when moving to university is your Loughborough Student Accommodation; the place you will call home for the next year. We know it is a very exciting and adventurous time for students so to help make the big move as easy as possible, we’ve got our top tips for freshers moving into their Loughborough Accommodation.
It can be hard knowing what exactly to bring along with you when moving to a new place so we've broken a few things down into lists so you can tick these off when packing for your new adventure...
When moving into a new home, it’s important to remember the essentials. So here’s a list of the must haves for your first day in your new home:
- Pillows and duvet set and cover
- Clothes you wish to wear at University
- Washbag essentials; shampoo, conditioner, body wash and face wash products (although these can be bought from shops nearby with town being a short walk away from all Leicester accommodation sites)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
This is just a small list of the essentials that we believe are needed for your first day moving into your new home.
We know that moving away from home can be hard as you’re saying goodbye to family and friends and hello to new adventures and new surroundings. That’s why we believe it’s always a great idea to bring sentimental things with you to keep in your room or decorate your room with.
Here’s just a few suggestions we have that our previous freshers have added to their rooms:
- Photo frames with your favourite memories in
- Photo wall with all your friends and family in
- A jar of kind messages from friends or family
- Letters of congratulations to decorate your room with
Things that make your life easier
Coming to university it can be easy to forget things you already have which bringing to your new home will make life a lot easier. This can be something such as a laptop which can be used during your lectures and seminars. Here's a list of items we find freshers recommend bringing if you already have these at home:
- Useful devices such as laptops or tablets
- Stationary; notebooks, pens, highlighters
- Sports equipment or accessories; if you find yourself joining a society then we recommend bringing any useful equipment for this down to your accommodation
Across all our sites we provide the kitchen essentials when it comes to appliances; so when you move in you can except the following to be provided: an oven, a hob, a fridge, freezer, a kettle, toaster and microwave. When it comes to things you need to bring, this can be different for everybody but here's a list of what we recommend:
- Plates, bowls and mugs
- Glasses and cups
- Chopping boards
- Utensils; wooden spoons, pizza slicers, knives
- Meal prep boxes/ lunch boxes
If you book in a group then we advise sharing main kitchen utensils and splitting the cost to save money between you all.