Mental Health in University
Mental Health At Student Beehive
Here at Student Beehive we take all forms of health very seriously, we know mental health is just as important as physical health. Anyone can suffer from mental health problems at anytime, students and staff alike.
This page aims to provide some general information about mental health with useful links to help centre's, websites and hot lines who can provide advice to anyone who needs it.
Advice and Support
If you would like any more information about mental health then the links below are just some of many support networks out there who can provide advice.
- Stamp Out Stigma is a campaign led by 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust which aims to educate the public about the realities of illness and learning disabilities and to help stamp out the stigma that surrounds them. Web: www.stampoutstigma.co.uk
- Young Minds provides support and advice to children and young people about a variety of mental health issues. Web: www.youngminds.org.uk
- Mind provides information and advice on different types of mental health problems, medication, treatments, and guides to support and services. Web: www.mind.org.uk
- Rethink Mental Illness challenges attitudes to mental health and changes lives by providing individuals with information, support and advice. Web: www.rethink.org
- Time to Change aims to challenge mental health stigma and discrimination. It contains information about mental health and why we need to start talking about it. Web: www.time-to-change.org.uk
- The Mental Health Foundation is an informative website which offers straightforward and clear information on every aspect of mental health and learning disabilities. Web: www.mentalhealth.org.uk
- Get Connected is a free, confidential and multi-issue helpline service for young people under 25 who need help, but don’t know where to turn. You can get in touch via phone, email or text for free. Web: www.getconnected.org.uk
- OK Rehab specialise in addiction treatment, from alcohol, drugs and behavioural addiction. Web: www.okrehab.org