Much More Than Just 4 Walls and a Bed
At Student Beehive we work hard to focus on our residents’ wellbeing - we are All About Students. Whilst moving to university is filled with excitement and fun, we recognise that it is also a huge life change for most people. When you choose to live with us, you don’t simply rent a room, you also join a vibrant community. We provide you with a space to grow in the direction that matters to you most and we foster communities that you can be proud to belong to.
Welbeing from your University
Top Tips and Advice
Just as we exercise to maintain physical health, we should also ensure that we take steps to maintain our mental health. Here are 5 steps to mental wellbeing:
- Connect – connect with the people around you: your family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Spend time developing these relationships.
- Be active – you don't have to go to the gym. Take a walk, go cycling or play a game of football. Find an activity that you enjoy and make it a part of your life.
- Keep learning – learning new skills can give you a sense of achievement and a new confidence. So why not sign up for that cooking course, start learning to play a musical instrument, or figure out how to fix your bike?
- Give to others – even the smallest act can count whether it's a smile, a thank you or a kind word. Larger acts, such as volunteering at your local community centre, can improve your mental wellbeing and help you build new social networks.
- Be mindful – be more aware of the present moment, including your thoughts and feelings, your body and the world around you. Some people call this awareness "mindfulness". It can positively change the way you feel about life and how you approach challenges.